Big News...Job-Wise

Monday, May 2, 2011

My last day at El Paso Corp. is this Wednesday, May 4th. I'm happy to say that I've resigned and will start working as a contractor in compensation. I start my first contract job starts on May 16th at TPC Group working on a project to build a pay structure for the company. I'm really excited about this great opportunity for my career. It's a pretty major project and will also suffice as credits to keep my certification in Compensation (CCP) and HR (PHR). I'll be working with a former colleague, so I already know his work ethic. I'll be working 3-4 days a week and their offices are literally 5 minutes from the house. Being a contractor means I have freedom to be an individual contributor and challenge myself, which is always good when you want to grow your profession.
It's been a future goal of mine to go off on my own and become a consultant and I am really pleased that this opportunity was presented to me and I can start building my career in this direction earlier than I had dreamed.
I'm hoping to work with other companies in the future as a consultant working on special projects and helping companies increase their compensation and human resource knowledge.
Wish me luck in this new endeavour!