11 weeks and 3 days

Monday, April 12, 2010

This past weekend was great.  On Saturday, I got to meet up with my longest friend, Kendra, for coffee and talk about pregnancy (she has two adorable girls), ran errands and went to dinner with Blair.  On Sunday, we drove to Austin and back for Mr. Jack's 3rd birthday.  It was great and I got many hugs from Jack.  I hope he likes our Hannah Montana DVD we got him. 
I'm still feeling the same...tired and a little nauseous.  I'm very grateful that I haven't gotten physically sick.  Especially since I wasn't looking forward to running to the bathroom at work or explaining why I had to run out of a meeting. 
I'm also extremely tired, but can never fall asleep.  My Dr. says it's "pregnancy insomnia"...and I was really looking forward to going to bed at 7:30pm and catching up on my sleep...oh well.  In the car on Sunday, I tried to sleep and couldn't, but the good thing is that I did finally fall asleep late last night and when I woke up in the middle of the night multiple times, I fell right back to sleep. 
My cravings are still: fresh fruit, fruit juice, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Fruit Loops or Cheerios with milk.  To help with the nauseous feelings, I try to eat or drink something every hour or two when I feel it coming on.  The good thing is that I'm not eating unhealthly at this time.  I can eat a hand full of grapes or drink a glass of juice and feel a lot better for the next hour or so.  Also, jolly ranchers and sour candies help. 
I feel pretty good and despite the minor set backs mentioned above, I am very fortunate not to experience the horror stories of the first trimester.