Nursery in the making

Thursday, July 15, 2010

We've gotten started on the nursery and I'm so excited!  With many thanks to my in-laws who helped move the furniture around in the house, the room is cleaned out and ready to fill with baby things.  Here are before pictures of the "office" and a picture of what it looks like now in the first stages of the nursery.  The chair is amazing and we just got it in last week.  It's a glider/rocker/swivel...which makes it comfy for late night feedings and perhaps a rest spot for Blair after a dramatic baby diaper change - since he'll be changing all the messy ones...ha! 
This room was originally pink when we moved in and I had always planned on making it the nursery, so I painted it green within a month after we moved in.  I knew green would go great with a boy or girl.  So the colors for the nursery are green (only on the walls) and the linens will be a white shade (like the chair) and the furniture is most likely all going to be a dark wood and then I'll bring in a touch of pink in the chandelier, rug and accessories.  I've ordered the crib and it's on back order until the end of August...hopefully I won't need it until after then. 
We moved the big desk into the front bedroom along with the office chair and ottoman.  We actually like this a lot better since there's a bed in the front bedroom too...it makes for great telecommuting days for me.  On Tuesdays I telecommute from home and work at the desk and rest on the bed when needed.  Harley's little nap area (under the desk) was obviously moved, so it's taken her a little bit to get use to the new space but I think she's adjusting fine. 

Office Pictures:


Nursery Picture:


More pictures to come when we get more pieces in the room...which will be a while.  In the meantime, I've been framing pictures and paintings I've been meaning to do for months and have been hanging them up around the house...I guess it's what is called "nesting."  Blair will come home from work and I'll be hanging something or moving something around and his comment is "Ah...nesting again?"  I'm really having a good time organizing everything though.