16/17 week check up

Thursday, May 20, 2010

We had our check up yesterday and all is well with Baby A.  Her heartbeat is perfect and we're still right on track. 
I've been having a lot of upper stomach pains and after some tests, the Dr. concluded it's just all my organs moving around making room for the baby.  It's quite uncomfortable, but not too unbearable.  It is hard to sit at my desk all day (even with hourly breaks).  I wish I could work from home on the couch with my feet up...oh well.
Also, I've already gained 17 lbs.!  That means I gained 13 lbs. in 4 weeks.  I can't believe that.  The Dr. said I'll probably gain about total 35+, which she says is great.  She said I'm doing very well in the weight department so I'm not too worried about it.  Plus this is my time to eat whatever I want and crave and not think about if it will hit my hips...because it will! 
So look out friends, I will definitely be in a bathing suit all Summer. With all of our planned trips to beach, lake, river and pool destinations, this is the summer that I'm going to let loose and not care if I am mistaken for a sea lion basting in the sun.
Here's a picture of what I looked like last Summer.  This is from our annual family trip where we went to Chesapeake Bay, Maryland.  This year we are going to Plymouth, Massachusetts in August. 
We'll compare this picture to an end of Summer picture of this year...ha ha!