28 Weeks Today! And a New Niece!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Yeah, I'm officially in my third trimester! 

This week was so exciting, my sister-in-law had her baby yesterday!  Her second beautiful girl, Charlotte Mae.  I got to learn a lot from both Kacey and Brent during the whole process.  It was very helpful and I took great mental notes.  She delivered at the same hospital as I will deliver, so Blair and I know all the parking, valet, quick entrances and all for the big day.  We also know how to get around the hospital better.  It was very neat to hold the baby and see how small she is and we definitely got more excited for our own.  I watched how to change the diaper too.  Blair and I both have never changed a diaper, so we're waiting for ours to be the first one - and that's probably an excuse not to have to change one at this time...ha ha.  We are so happy for all of them.

Here is what the babycenter.com says about my 28th week:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can open and close her eyes, which now sport lashes. This movement is more of a reflexive blink than a deliberate opening and closing, but it won't be long before she's batting those beauties at you.