Back at Work...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I haven't had time to post anything but pictures since Lydia came into our lives, so here's a real post:
I went back to work last Thursday.  I really enjoyed my first day back and the next day, which was Friday and I was able to leave at 1:15pm.  I didn't go into work yesterday, but today I did for the entire day.  Today was a REAL work day.  It has been challenging (not in a good way) and I'm remembering how happy I was when I went on FMLA. I realize last week was time when I went through all 2,000 of my emails and got caught up with what was going on, so people left me alone to do that.  Not this week.  This week I'm seeing what all didn't get done while I was out and I'm already ready to get out of here for the day. 
It was nice having yesterday off to spend time with Lydia.  We met up with Blair for lunch and had a play date.  Harley even had a play date too!  It was a great day.
I really do want to keep working and don't want to pause my career while Lydia is young.  In a perfect world I would work 3 days a week so I can get that balance of being a new Mom and being in a professional environment. 
So tonight when we get home and after we play, feed, bath and put Lydia to bed - after I shower, eat dinner and we clean up after dinner - after we wash all the bottles and get ready for the nanny tomorrow - and after I figure out what I can fit in for work tomorrow; I'll pour myself a big glass of wine and pray I find "perfect" work/life balance.  Wish me luck!