This post is dedicated to my amazing husband, Blair

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It’s taken me many months to draft this up just because I want to express the right emotions. I can’t even begin to explain how wonderful he is as a husband and now a father.


Even before we were married, he loved and cared for Harley as if she were his own dog. He was so excited to adopt her when we got married and Harley was ecstatic to have a Daddy too. Now I think she even likes him more than me…ha ha.

We’ve gone through such a transformation in our lives of becoming parents. As many people know, it’s very challenging to be a new parent. He has been my “rock” through it all and keeps me grounded. His attitude is always so positive and optimistic that we can make it through anything together. When I was in labor and found out that I had to have a c-section, needless to say I was pretty upset about that news. I’ll never forget how he grabbed my hand, knelt down beside me, looked me in the eyes and calmed me down with his carefully chosen sweet words. It was one of those moments where I knew I was so grateful to have someone like Blair.

He takes such good care of Lydia and we work as a team to raise her. Together we give her baths, put her down for the night, play with her and even change diapers. I love that we get to do these things together and work together.

He’s very encouraging of my career and what I want to do in my life as a woman and now a mother. He supports me through hard decisions, whether it’s professional or personal decisions and always gives me realistic feedback.

I’m very fortunate he is the man I always envisioned myself being with forever, in fact, he’s more than I ever could have envisioned. He is very committed to giving his family the best the world has to offer. I’m extremely lucky to just know him in my lifetime, let alone have him as a husband and a father to my child. He is truly amazing and I thank God many times a day for him and that he recognized me from High School in the bar that night. He is my best friend, my soul mate, my love.

I love you Blair!!