Awww...Beautiful Lake George

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I took a weekend trip to visit Mary, Brendan and Huckleberry in NYC and then we headed up to Lake George (North of Albany, NY) where Brendan's family has a lake house.  

In NYC I just walked around Mary's apartment in Greenwich Village/Soho and went a shopping as this was my last trip to NYC with a free place to stay.  They are moving to Dallas in about a month.

Mary and I took the train up outside of the city (to avoid traffic) to meet Brendan and Huckleberry and then we all drove up to the lake.  This guy had the exact same madras pattern on his shirt that I had on my shorts and I couldn't pass up the photo-op. 
HEY-O!

Lake George was perfect weather and a huge break from the Houston "feels like 106 degree" weather.  The lake was gorgeous and the water was frigid.  Both Mary and I still got in and relaxed with Brendan's cousin Clare.

On the boat on the lake before we took off for our boat ride.

At the Boathouse bar enjoying some delicious mudslides.

On the way back from the Boathouse.  The scenery is so beautiful.



Brendan and his brother, Ryan, enjoying some beverages in the middle of the lake.  Brendan is in the pink tube.

Huckles and I on the boat enjoying a nice little boat ride across the lake.