William Blair's birth story

Thursday, August 7, 2014

William Blair was 4 weeks early!  My original due date was May 7th but I had a c-section planned April 30th.  However, on April 10th, I woke up and got ready and my water broke around 9:00am.  Right when I found my phone to call Blair, he was calling me to check in.  Both Honey (surgery) and Da (heart attack) were in the hospital that week and Blair had to turn around from the Medical Center and come get me to take me back there to my hospital.  Nana and Grandpa were on a flight to Napa for the weekend and I just caught them on the phone before take off but unfortunately they already closed the plane doors.  My parents flew all the way to Sacramento and back that day.
William Blair was born on April 10th at 5:19pm.  My parents were at the hospital at 6:00pm and were able to see him as if they had been waiting all day.  And Honey got out of the hospital that day and came to see him as well.  Da got to see him the next day when he got out of the hospital.
Everything really worked out well even though it was very dramatic.  I was never in any pain and everyone got to come up to the hospital.
William was in the NICU for 3 nights due to low glucose and the 4th night we decided to stay so he could get circumcised at the hospital.  We went home on Monday, April 14th.
Thankfully our amazing night nanny, Chasity, started that night.

Hospital Pics: