40 Weeks and 4 Days - Still Pregnant

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wow, never thought I would make it this far.  We went to the Dr. today and I'm about 3cm dilated.  She checked the baby and the fluid around the baby and she is doing great.  She gave her an 8 out of an 8, so we were really happy about that.  I'm now scheduled to be induced Thursday, so 48 more hours to go at the most.
I've tried everything to get labor started:
- walking for hours
- labor induction massage
- squatting/straddling/lunges/bouncing on a yoga ball
- eating a bowl of jalapenos for lunch
- drinking raspberry leaf tea
- eating spicy Indian food
- eating eggplant parmesan
- getting the Dr. to try and dilate me more
- and a couple other things.
Baby A must be really comfortable, but we are all really anxious to meet her and want her to come out soon.
I'm really hoping I go into labor before I have to get induced, so the next step might be to drink Castro Oil (just kidding - or am I?). 

Here are some recent pictures of us from Halloween.