My Last Trip before it's 3

Monday, September 27, 2010

We went to D.C. the other weekend for Blair's friends wedding (Bill and Erin).  Blair was in the wedding and I didn't want to miss the event.  My Dr. ok'd me to travel, but it was the last weekend I could travel on a plane.  The plane rides there and back weren't too bad and I made it ok, just had to get up a lot.
We got to D.C. and stayed right on M Street in Georgetown.  I think this was my 30th time to visit D.C. since I went a lot to see Paul and Mary when they were in college.  Blair lived there for a year after college, so he was familiar with it too.  The hotel was very cute and "charming".  Blair got us a suite as a surprise for me since he knew I would be in the room more when he was doing his groomsman duties.  It was great.  The rehearsal dinner was so nice as a private club and the wedding was fabulous.  The church was right across the street from the White House and is the church that most Presidents attend.  The reception was at the Chevy Chase Country Club in Maryland, not too far from D.C..  The band was amazing!  I wish I could've danced because I would've torn up the dance floor.  Blair and I danced once or twice to slow songs (or we made them slow songs with our dancing slow).  I had to turn sideways because I couldn't fit in his arms any other way - ha!
I'm so glad I was able to attend the wedding and I had a great time.  I even was able to rest a lot, which I probably wouldn't have done at home because I would've wanted to get things done around the house. 
Now next time we fly - hopefully next Spring, we'll have to buy three tickets and be extremely prepared.  It will be interesting to see if we can still pack light with a baby.
Here are some pictures from the wedding:
The White House is behind me, you can barely see it.

 At the reception during the cocktail hour.

Blair and Bill

 He's so handsome!!