New Nursery Pics

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm almost done with the nursery and I'm so happy with it.  The linens came in a couple of days ago and they are just fabulous!  After searching for the perfect prints to go into the vintage frames, I finally found them today on etsy.com.  I decided not to put a rug in there because we just got the carpets cleaned and I think I'm banned from buying/returning anymore PotteryBarn Kids rugs (I did that 3x).  I just couldn't find anything that I liked and the rugs we tried out were getting in our way of the door or ottoman.  I also decided not to do a floor lamp or any lamp for that matter.  Blair worked really hard in putting up the gorgeous chandeliere and it's on a dimmer, so there's really no need for extra lighting.
The only thing that is missing is the mirror I ordered from Restoration Hardware Baby.  It's on backorder until mid-October, so I just hope it comes in before the baby.  But it will go on the wall above the chest of drawers, so you can't really tell anything's missing unless you walk in the room and see the nail in the wall waiting to be useful.
I'm just so thrilled with how it all turned out.  I wanted something clean, simple and classic.  I hope Baby A enjoys it.  Harley has been picking out her favorite places to lay in the nursery (thank goodness it's not the chair).  I started taking pictures and she just had to be in them.