Plymouth, MA at 7 months pregnant

Friday, September 10, 2010

We took a week long family vacation to Plymouth, MA this year.  It was a great week of relaxation.  Blair and I went into Boston for a day and toured around and visited Harvard too.  The house my parents rented was really nice and right on the bay.  It had a great large backyard and a good deck that we ate dinner out on each night.  Except for the night of Hurricane Earl.  The storm was coming right for us and then it just rained at night one night.  It didn't mess up our plans at all the the day before and after were great. 
I got to spend some good time with Sam and he taught me a lot about being a parent.  He was a lot of fun to play with and really enjoyed the bubbles we brought him.  Huckleberry was very attentive towards me and gentle.  He would jump up in my lap and let me cuddle with him.
We ate a lot, which included lobsters, clams, chowder, hamburgers, steaks, etc.  We cooked almost every night.  Plymouth had a great cupcake store, probably the best I've ever had.  I ate about 3 large cupcakes and it was totally worth it. 
We had a professional photographer come to the house to take family photos for my parents' 40th anniversary (which is in 2 weeks!).  Below are some of the pictures that I took and some that the photographer took. 
I wish I could take off for a week each quarter to relax and get away - at least I have 3 months off from work coming up soon though.