40 Weeks and about 3cm

Thursday, October 28, 2010

We went for our 40 week appt yesterday.  She said I was about 2-4 cm dilated.  She thinks I'll have the baby in the next couple of days, but if not, we set up an induction date for next Tuesday, Nov. 2nd.  I feel like since I made it through last night that I'll make it a couple more days.  I just don't feel a drastic change.  I've had a little cramping, but nothing to even write about.
My labor induction massage that I had on Tuesday with a Doula was wonderful.  She just massaged all my muscles to get them loose for labor and massaged my feet where the pressure points are for inducing labor.  She worked on me for about 1.5 hours.  She said that if it was going to work for me that it will work in 36-48 hours, so we'll see.  If it doesn't work, it was totally worth the relaxing massage.

Since they are still tearing the house down next to us, the fence got a little more loose and Harley has been getting out of the backyard at night.  It's very frustrating.  But at least she doesn't go far.  She is distracted easily by all the openness and the new smells.  We tried to temporarily fix the fence and give her more barriers, but she's very determined and goes right through them.  Now we just have to keep checking she's still in the backyard every 5 minutes when we let her out.  We use to be able and let her out at night and she would be out there for hours before barking to come back in.  Basically she'll be spending a lot more time inside at night then before until a new fence is put up.  Here are some pictures of her this morning - I think she is planning her escape for tonight because she looks so innocent.